Junior Project Manager
Report to: Vice President, Operations and Construction
Guided by Birnie Electric’s overall brand experience, best practice, and business plan, the Junior Project Manager is accountable for working closely with office and field staff, other managers and key stakeholders to ensure that the jobs within the role’s direct control deliver quality service and brand experience to its customers.
This position incorporates a blend of technical, people and workflow management skills in an electrical contractor environment.
Key job duties include:
• Ensure project(s) objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards are met in accordance with company policy and contract specifications.
• Be responsible for material take-offs and issuing purchase orders.
• Ensure preparation of as-built drawings and operational and/or maintenance manuals.
• Build, maintain, and promote good customer and supplier/vendor relationships.
• Review draws and specifications to ensure required products and materials are properly produced.
• Ensure a project plan and construction schedules and milestones are developed and monitor progress against established schedules to include the site foreman and/or site manager.
• Review contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors and price these changes for consultant and owner approval.
• Ensure progress reports are developed and progress schedules issued to clients.
• Review and track budgets to avoid cost over-runs.
• Establish and update schedule timelines.
• Ensure project health, safety, and environmental standards meet or exceed legislated requirements.
• Work in an individual and team setting to accomplish client and business goals.
• Be able to meet aggressive client deadlines and prioritize work when required.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
• Some occasional limited travel (usually within GTA) will be required.
• Must have valid and current ‘G’ class Ontario’s drivers’ license as well as access to a personal vehicle.