The word is out that working for Birnie Electric is great and that is because we have created a culture and work environment that is recognized across the industry.
We receive awards and praise why shouldn’t you. Our purpose at Birnie Electric’s is to attract great people with similar values and then give them the support and tools enable them to achieve their career potential.
Birnie Electric is always looking for new talented and dedicated professionals to join our talented and dedicated team. Our number one priority is to provide energetic engaging safe work environment for our employees, partners and clients. You can achieve anything at Birnie Electric so come grow with us. Integrity, Honesty, Ingenuity and Opportunity it what sets itself apart from the competition and as a company.
The Service Manager is responsible for enforcing standard operating procedures and establishing best practices to offer best in class daily electrical and data comm services within the commercial, industrial, institutional and residential sectors. Focusing on operational efficiency and growth, they are to be a leader of their team coaching and mentoring their crew enforcing company standards established by them and the VP of Pre-Construction and Electrical Services division.
In addition to training and developing our service team, the Service Manager will plan, coordinate and document electrical installations from the initial service call or awarded small job to assigning workers following the job to completion. They will ensure all on-site activities are safely executed within the schedule of the service call or small projects as well as monitoring costs, budget and scope. Quality and Safety can never be compromised for any service call or small project so to ensure and a good installation and positive customer experience. Once service call or small project is complete invoice must be promptly created along with accounting department and sent to customer for payment.
This role will have a balance of administrative, operational and some sales responsibilities including, facilitating incoming service calls, writing up service work orders, creating job numbers, dispatching service men, conducting occasional site visits, client relations, help to creating invoices, some estimating, scheduling & coordinating of men, materials, tools, forecasting manpower, monitoring service call and overseeing installations, procuring new opportunities, right through to customer service follow-ups and work order billing approval.
Birnie Electric is an established electrical contractor searching for a highly skilled and extensively experienced electrical service manager to manage daily service and small projects for existing customer base. Manager of Service department is someone who is ambitious to take the reins of their own career. The ideal candidate needs to be reliable, organized, patient, creative, assertive, flexible, sales focused, customer focused and want to the over all growth of the service division.
Our success is built on lasting relationships developed through teamwork, and the relationship between the service manager our customers and our electricians with the emphasis on solutions focused customer service. The ability to divulge each customer’s unique needs and wants, identify potential obstacles and roadblocks, provide creative solutions and deliver our electrical service on schedule is what sets us apart from the competition and makes us and you a success. For the right person who is ambitious opportunity for personal and professional growth exists.
Unlike many employers, we appreciate that most people work to live, not live to work. Focusing on a sustainable healthy work-life balance, we will support the right candidate in elevating their skills and developing their role to ultimately realize a level of operational autonomy. We believe in our team and take pride in ensuring everyone has a rewarding career.
POSSIBLE SKILL SET & EXPERIENCE
• 5-10 years of Service Manager Experience with contractor, preferably electrical
• Certified Journeyperson Electrician
• Experience in electrical service or construction and installations
• Experience in electrical service and maintenance
• Estimating electrical service and maintenance
• Previous supervisory, leadership or and management of teams
• Customer Service
• Develop and implement service division best practices and standard operating procedures
• Work directly with existing service customer base providing electrical and data comm service.
• Dispatch electricians for incoming service calls both for regular and emergency situations
• Maintain work schedule for electricians
• Help prepare invoice for service work or small project that was completed
• Identify and create opportunities to generate new revenue by adding new service clients
• Maintain relationships with existing service customer base and make sales call to those customers
• Work with estimating staff to prepare quotes for service customers where required
• Participate in training, and coaching of team members and electricians
• Organizes schedule, materials, equipment and labour in response to service call from client base
• Work directly with purchasing department to arrange for material for electricians to complete service calls
• Assigns tasks, provides instruction, monitors progress, and inspects quality of work of team members
• Ensures tasks are completed on budget, on schedule, accurate to scope, and code compliant
• Approve work orders of electricians before sent to customer
• Analyze jobs once complete to ensure profitability
• Manages application of electrical permits and related inspections
• Maintains excellent relationships with clients, suppliers, electricians, sub- contractors.
• Participates in company training and pursues opportunities for continuous development