Quality of design and execution, standards of the Birnie Electric design team, are the hallmarks of this five-storey office building totaling 126,800 square feet. The facility, tagged LEED Gold for both core and shell and interior design and contraction, includes:
- Energy efficient fluorescents;
- State-of-the-art lighting control system incorporating daylight harvesting and occupant sensors;
- Addressable fire alarm system;
- Natural gas life safety generator;
- Integrated dual security system for both the building and Baxter Pharmaceuticals;
- Complete building communications systems.
Birnie Electric provided a turnkey design-build solution as both the electrical engineer and contractor to bring the project in on budget and on time.
Overall: $35 million
Contribution to Success
Our experienced team of engineers, LEED professionals, master electricians and accredited project managers worked seamlessly together to achieve success on this project. In addition, our team worked closely with the owners and their representatives to ensure that all of their specific requirements and needs were implemented throughout various construction phases. The project was completed on time and on budget.
Executive Vice-Presidnet – Construction
SVP Property Management
Bentall Real Estate Services
Facility Services Supervisor
Baxter Corporation Canada